Mmmmmm carrot loaf…. Perfect carrot loaf…. Simple, easy, and pure comfort… And a bit christmassy too!:-) Seriously, I cant be the only one who’s dreaming of snow falling here in the middle of a way too hot summer!!??…. Take me away carrot loaf…:-)
- 110 g (2/3 cup) All purpose gluten free flour from “Pantry”
- 110 g (2/3 cup) All purpose gluten free flour from “Bobs Red Mill”
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp exante gum
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 50 g (1/2 cup) walnuts, chopped
- 50 g (1/2 cup rasins
- 105 g (1/2 cup) rice milk
- 2 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 155 g (1 cup) coconut palm sugar
- 200 g (2 cups) grated carrots
- 65 g (1/4 cup + 3 tsp) coconut oil
Turn the oven on to 325. Spray a 8 inch loaf pan with non-stick.
Mix all the dry ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
Melt the coconut oil in the microwave for about 10 sec. Mix all the wet ingredients in a larger bowl, including the carrots. Add the dry ingredients in 2 additions to the wet, and mix till fully incorporated. Add walnuts and raisins.
Poor batter into the prepared loaf pan, and bake in the middle of the oven for 60-65 min.
Cool on rag.