I need fuel in the morning. Im not one of those people who skips breakfast, and just wait till lunch to eat… I can’t do that… I get cranky and delirious…. And not fun to be around…
In the winter months I usually eat oatmeal. Its warm, comforting and really filling. But in the summertime I want something more fresh and fruity. Thats why I created this great cold oatmeal. Dress it up with whatever fruit you want as topping. Anything from apples, berries, pineapple, cherries… Make it yours:-)
Summer oatmeal for 1 person
- 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup apple juice, organic, unsweetened
- 1 Face greek yoghurt 0% (or any vegan yoghurt of your choice)
- 2 walnuts, chopped
- fruit, (I used 2 apricots)
- small drizzle of agave
- optional: 1 Tbs of homemade jam, or your favorite organic brand
In a small bowl, mix the oats and the apple juice. Cover and place in the refrigerator overnight.
In the morning, strain the oats from all the liquid. Discharge the liquid. Put the oats in a small bowl. Add yoghurt on top.
Cut the fruit to small pieces and add over the yoghurt. Add jam (if using), walnuts and drizzle with agave. Ready to serve!