I woke up at 5am this morning. Oh wonderful jet-lag…. I wish you didn’t exist… But when you wake up on the countryside in denmark, I guess its not that bad…:-) I went straight outside and took some pictures of the morning mist.
My older sister has 2 girls. Needless to say, her mornings are on a tight schedule. Still, she often manage to bake hearty breakfast buns for the whole little family, so they can have an extra special breakfast. Her secret, these no-kneed buns that you start the night before!
No-Kneed Morning Buns
- 16 fl oz/2 cups (1/2 l) water
- 1 tsp salt
- 12 g fresh yeast OR 1 tsp dry yeast
- 1 cup (150 g) whole wheat flour
- 1 cup (100 g) oats
- 2 big handfuls of grains or nuts such as sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds or other.
- 3/4 – 1 cup (100-150 g) All Purpose flour