Who doesn’t like granola?… Its a pretty genius food if you ask me. And it soooo easy to make! So why not make your own, instead of buying those overly sweet brands from the supermarket! Make it yours by adding your own favorite nuts or seeds, or if you wanna be a little naughty, maybe add a little dark chocolate in the end…;-)
Pretty Bird Granola
- 3 cups (300g ) Oats, old fashioned
- 1/4 cup (40 g) flax seeds
- 1/3 cup (50 g) almonds, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup (35 g) walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup (50 g) sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup (50 g) pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbs maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (48 g) coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup (110 g) agave
- 1/2 cup (75 g) rasins
Turn the oven on to 300 degrees.
Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
In a small bowl mix all the wet, and then stir into the dry. Make sure everything is well incorporated.
Spread all the granola out on a paper lined baking tray. Bake in the middle of the oven 45 min. Stir a couple of times to make sure everything is toasted.
Cool completely on rack. Mix in the raisins and store in an airtight container at room temp.
Serve with milk or yoghurt, or bake it into your favorite muffins:-)